viernes, 29 de julio de 2016

The Shit Show that started it all!

This actually happened on the first day of our trip. We had a pretty awesome surfing session at Bolinas in pretty poor surfing conditions. Kept driving north on highway 1 after some tasty lunch and went bouldering to Fort Ross, which was 1) pretty awesome and 2) surprisingly high quality sandstone!
Fort Ross beach sandstone bouldering.

Well, getting out of one of the bouldering areas I decided that there was no time to drive a bit down the road to find a good spot to turn around (I really wanted to get to the boulder on the picture). I was taught that there should be no rush in rheology, but I should have by now learned to apply this motto to life! I rammed the back of the van against a tree branch that I could not see. 

Yes, I did it! #oneshitshowperday #1

This brings me to the definition of Shit Show. I think it is something different to a bad occurrence. It is not just that something bad happened to you. For it to be a real shit show you  need to get into it. It is something you could have avoided easily, which usually makes it all the worse. You know, those times when you say "I should have thought twice before...", "If I had only...", etc. Those times your are most likely going through a real shit show! 

Nothing that can't be fixed with some duct tape! 

The three following days I spent a bit depressed for breaking my van on the very first day and going around with a self-made plastic window. Finally we got to Seattle and got to fix it! Funnily enough, I got to wait on horse race track while it was being fixed. Pretty picturesque! 

Almost like new!

More shit shows coming soon! I think I would need to group them together in one post to catch up so I can focus on more recent stuff. 

1 comentario: